Thursday, May 25, 2006

Orders came in!!!

Well, our orders came in while I was on leave last week. After I graduate here on June 23, I am headed to the USS Florida, SSGN 728, homeported on Kings Bay, GA. The SSGN's are former ballistic missile subs that have been converted for use as SEAL insertion boats. I can't wait. Finally, after over 18 months in the Navy, I get assigned to a real seagoing sub. Cool. I'll write more when I find it out.

RIght now I'm on my weekend between mids and days. I have off until Saturday morning, and I've been enjoying spending time reading and lounging around on the beach. The water is really warm already, not freezing like it was in NJ last week. But I did have fun at the beach up there, too, since I got to go with my siblings. Tabitha and Matthew brought down two kayaks and we tried surf kayaking. Fun, but a little chilly.

Anyway, there's the updated version of Anson's life.

No comments: