Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lots of changes

So I'm still living in Summerville, but it turns out that Harris will be here for another six months, so as it stands now, I'm the third man in a two bedroom apartment. I sleep on the couch, and all my stuff is in the corner of the living room. It pretty much stinks, but hopefully it shouldn't last much longer. I am in the middle of buying a house. It is a small single-family house in a nice neighborhood in Goose Creek, called Crowfield Plantation. It will need some work, but I'm getting it for fairly cheap. I'm actually kind of excited about the work I'll have to do... it's been almost two years since I did construction work, and I miss it.

I'm almost done with my staff quals. Should be done this week, if all goes well. Our boat was down for maintenance for two weeks, but it's finally fixed, and back up. I start swing shift this afternoon (4:00-12:00).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun about the house! And your current living situation will make it even MORE nice to have a place of your own. :-)
Thanks for calling the other day. With the long hours I've been working and other things, I'm not home as much. Next time I talk to you I'll give you my cell phone number. Yes, your ancient aunt has joined the modern world and finally got a cell phone!
Remind me to tell you the two recent car stories. One involves a tree. (but I'm fine!). Hopefully I'll talk to you soon!