Monday, January 29, 2007

hmm...

OK. So it's below freezing outside right now. Not by much, but way more than enough. What happened, South Carolina??? Where did all my warm weather go? I had on three layers of clothes this morning just to walk out to my truck, and I was still freezing. So maybe I'm spoiled... but this cold weather has got to go. Now.

Work is... well, work-ish, I guess. We're in the 07-1 shutdown now, so with no Tiger Team this time things are sort of boring. The SRO quals are going well... I would explain in more detail, but I don't think anyone would know what I'm talking about anyway, so I won't. Suffice it to say I had a SRW U/I this morning which was an eye-opener... but fun. I should be qualified in another two weeks or so if I can get my comp and board scheduled in time.

I picked up the paper work for my STA-21 program this afternoon. Now I just have to collect all the required documentation and such, take the ACT (again... it's been, I think 6 years since I took that last) and come up with good reasons why I want to be an officer for my CO's interview and the three-officer board I have to do. What a lot of work. I think I'm going to dig up a lot of my paperwork from my application to USNA during my senior year and re-use some of that. :)

umm... hmm... I just finished my homework for tonight. Actually, it was due yesterday afternoon, but I was working, and then I fell asleep when I got home. I'm almost finished with my Java class, and Calc 1 just started. Calc was hard to get started into again, but I'm starting to remember some of the stuff now.

I think that's all

No comments: