Friday, February 09, 2007

Four-off

So this is my nice four-day weekend, except that I'm still going in to work tonight... sigh... I have part of my SRO qual that I have been trying to get the last few days, but plant conditions didn't support it. I was up last night until about 2:00AM trying to get it, and finally went to bed. So tonight I called in to work to see if they were going to do it, and they said if I was there at 11:30 I should be able to get it. My qual date is before the next shutdown, and since this is a shutdown qualification, I need to get it done now.

I spent the afternoon over at Jake's house laying tile in his bathroom, and getting his kitchen ready so we can lay tile in there tomorrow. My bathroom is almost done. One more coat of paint should do it, I think.

The weather man says it might snow tonight. It was almost 60 degrees here during the day, but somehow it's supposed to get below freezing tonight. On Wednesday it was almost 70, which was nice. I wish it would just stay warm for a while.

In other news, it looks like Ukarumpa just got its own power station. I guess Yonki has been getting worse about keeping the lights on. There's an article about it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh, a new generator. Interesting. It's been a while since I've had the electricity go out... ah, memories of home... :-)

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the comment thing to see who already wrote you one, and then I just noticed that all the words on this page are in French. Good thing I don't need to read any of them anyways. See you in August!

-Aimee