Wednesday, October 10, 2007

quick update

So I have successfully quit smoking, not because of anything I have done (to be honest, I didn't even really want to quit at the beginning), but through the power and grace of my Lord Jesus Christ. It's been over a month now, and I haven't even had a single craving for one. Awesome. Looking back on it now, it's kind of hard to believe that I really did that to myself for so long. It's unbelievable how much better and healthier I feel now.

In other news... two pretty neat things happened lately. The first is that I got the day-staff job I wanted, working as the RPPO (repair parts guy) for EOD (electrical off-hull division). Mostly that means I don't work swings or mids or weekends or holidays anymore, and instead of training students, I am doing maintenance work almost exclusively. I love it.

The other neat thing is that I found out on Sunday that I got selected for the STA-21 officer accession program. So, in February next year I will be heading up north somewhere (Rhode Island, maybe?) for 8 weeks of NSI (too many acronyms in this post... this one stands for Naval Science Institute), and then after that reporting to the NROTC unit at NC State (probably... that's not set in stone yet... Penn State is still sort of an option), and attending class full time starting that fall. How cool is that! So I'm going back to college. Wierd. Now that I'm 23 years old, and everyone from my high school class has already graduated.

so yep... that's the new stuff that's going on. I've been going to a service at church called Every Tuesday, which is a really cool young-adult service at Seacoast, and I've been loving that. Then church on Saturday nights too, or Sunday mornings sometimes. God has been doing TREMENDOUS things in my life, in so many different areas. It's truly amazing. What a merciful and awesome and loving Lord we serve.


-Anson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great! God is so good. It's always nice to hear good news, as opposed to what we get from CNN most of the time...
Have fun camping this weekend!
~R