Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sometimes...

Sometimes I feel so far away from God, even though I know He's right there waiting for me to come back to Him. Sometimes I get frustrated that I can't see His plan for my life, and I feel like I am wasting time where I am in life. Sometimes I get confused and hurt and sad and wonder where God is, even though He wants to help if I would just ask.

Sometimes I glimpse His face and everything is perfect in the world for that one instant. Sometimes I hear His voice at the unlikeliest of moments and feel like I could walk on the clouds. Sometimes through all the confusion I see a thread of my life leading back to God, my maker, my friend, my master, and I shake my head in wonder that He could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean. Sometimes He calms the storm, and other times He calms His child.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to even talk to Him. Sometimes I wonder if the people I work with all day even know I'm a Christian. Sometimes I think about what people think of me more than what God thinks about me. Sometimes I feel unworthy and unclean.

But He is always teaching me, growing me, loving me, protecting me, preparing a place for me, guiding my every word and thought and deed. He is always there, even when I'm not. He is always faithful, always just, always GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anson this is so encouraging. I've felt that way oh so very often. thank you.