Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What love is this?

How deep the Father's love
How awesome His compassion
For years I turned my back on Him
Tried to do things my way
Did what felt good
No thoughts for tomorrow
I was
young
invincible
fearless


Wrong

The choices I made still
haunt me
sometimes, on nights like this
I wonder
how
could I have been so foolish
thoughtless
careless
how did I ever think it was about
me, even for a moment?

and I am ashamed
without excuse


Why did you not forsake me, God?
Why did you keep loving me?
Why were you right there when I needed you?

Even in my arrogance You
protected me
loved me
guided my every step

longing, hoping
waiting for me to
turn around and
acknowledge you,
see you, and smile
to love you, even a little

What do you see in me, O my King?
Who am I, that you think of me,
want me
to see your face?

O Lord, what Love is this??

No comments: