Thursday, December 20, 2007

Looking forward to leave

Tomorrow is my last day of work for 19 days! I'm taking leave until January 10th, and I can't wait. I'm leaving for Waxhaw right after I get off work tomorrow to spend Christmas and New Years with my wonderful family and my beautiful girlfriend. Tim's going to be down from school, and Aunt Rachel is coming down to visit, too. Hopefully while I'm up there I'll get a chance to drive up to Raleigh and visit NC State for a day. I got accepted there starting in summer semester of '08, so as long as the Navy clears everything, I'm definitely going. As much as I've had a great time teaching at NPTU, I'll definitely be glad to be leaving here. I'm ready for something new and challenging, and going back to school as a 24 year old freshman should be an interesting experience. The Navy made me change my intended major, so now I'll be studying materials engineering instead of construction engineering, but since they're paying for it all, I suppose I can't complain too much.

God has continued to bless Naomi and I in our relationship, and it's been an incredible experience so far seeing His hand at work as we both seek His face and His will in our times together and our times apart, too. We've been reading through "Boy Meets Girl" by Josh Harris, and talking about it chapter by chapter on the phone at night. It's been encouraging, and also it's brought out some good questions and prompted some great conversations. I wish I had read it a long time ago. We'd both really appreciate prayer that God would give us peace and contentment as we're doing the 'long-distance relationship' thing. It's hard sometimes, but it's comforting to know that God has a plan, and it's neat to see the things He's been teaching me through it.

I would write more, but it's 9:00 now, which means it's time to call Naomi! :)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

-Ephesians 3:20, 21 NIV

No comments: