Friday, March 01, 2013

Quick trip update

Going to be a few days before Naomi or I get much more posted. Tomorrow will be the last leg of our trip west. We'll be leaving here (Camp Verde, AZ) bright and early, destination San Diego, CA. We'd contemplated trying to make part of this trip via historic Route 66, but I don't think it'll work out time-wise. Instead, we hope to be able to swing by Joshua Tree National Park briefly, and then more or less directly to the Navy Base in San Diego. On Sunday we're hoping to be able to visit with Josiah and Ally and possibly visit the San Diego Zoo. Monday I officially begin my two-month school, and we start to settle down (at least temporarily) after our trip.

Once we get settled in, we both have some catching up to do with both writing and photo-editing (and sharing.)

Thanks to everyone who's encouraged me to keep writing this time around. The feedback makes it worthwhile.

In the meantime, here's a few...

Things I've learned:
1) The desert is very dry. Dumb sounding, I know, but as someone who's never really experienced it before now, I was still surprised. I'm pretty sure I've drunk about a gallon of water since we got home this afternoon from our fun trip exploring Jerome, AZ.
2) Travelling is exhausting, even when you get a good night's sleep. We're both ready to settle into someplace where we can stay for more than a couple of days.
3) There's nobody else I'd rather spend so very much time with than my darling girl, Naomi. I love you, sexy :)

No comments: