Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beautiful Sunday afternoon

What a beautiful day. It is warm for the first time in a week or so, and it was nice to be able to ride without needing a heavy jacket. I rode out to church this morning, and stopped by Barnes & Noble for a coffee afterwards. I went to the church in Northwoods instead of Summerville because it's a lot closer, and I got a late start this morning.

The picture is taken from the balcony of my room, looking towards the galley. The green and orange objects are decommed torpedoes.

The message in church this morning was about Job. The pastor spoke on how we as Christians are so quick to judge others sometimes. Job's wife and friends quickly decided that Job must have sinned against the Lord. They figured God must be punishing Job for something. But Job remained faithful to God, maintained his integrity, and humbled himself before God. God used that experience to develop Job's character and build him into the man God wanted him to be. Then God turns to the so-called friends, and reprimands them. He commands them to offer a sacrifice and ask Job to pray for them. When Job interceded on behalf of his friends who had been so judgemental and cruel towards him, God forgave the friends. At the same time, He restored to Job everything he had lost. When people hurt us, or falsely accuse us, God wants us pray for them.

It was a good message. It was also good to be back in church. I haven't been in a while. The worship time was good, with lots of songs that I actually knew. Going with the right attitude, and not out of some sense of duty, definitely makes it so much more worthwhile.

"I'm coming back to the heart of worship,
And it's all about You; all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You; all about You, Jesus

King of endless worth, no one could express
How much you deserve
Though I'm weak and poor, all I have is yours
Every single breath"

What a song... and what a promise to God. All I am, all I do, everything about me, Lord, is yours. Use me. Lord, this is my prayer to You today.

No comments: