Monday, October 31, 2005

Temptation

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
-(1 Corinthians 10:12-13)

Thank you God for Your amazing wisdom. You have not promised that we will never be tempted, or else how would we grow in our walk with You? You do not allow us to be tempted beyond what You give us strength to resist, or else how could ever hope to be more like You? You use our temptations as a growing time in our lives. You allow us to experience situations in which we have to make a choice: for You, or against You. When these times come, You offer us all the strength that we need to make the right choice, and then wait to see what we will choose. How it must break Your heart when when we dishonor You with our sinful choices, even though You give us the strength to resist. We have no excuse. We can't claim that the temptation was too great; only that we chose not to respond to it as You want us to. It is only through our deliberate disobedience that we fall into sin.

Father, please forgive me for all the times I choose to dishonor You with my choices. I praise you for the strength you give me to make the right decisions. I pray that as I grow closer to You, I would focus less on my own desires, and more on Your will for my life. I love you, Lord.

No comments: