Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Familiar Face...

So I was walking back into the building today coming from the boat, and heard someone behind me say... 'Anson..?'. When you're used to being called 'VanDoren' all the time, and there's only a handful of people who even know my first name, let alone use it at work, it's a little surprising. So I turned around, and saw someone who I didn't really recognize. Then I saw his name tag... It was Sammy (Sam?...) Caddell. He graduated UIS with Tabitha, and joined the navy in 2000 or 2001. He just finished a sea tour in Pearl Harbor (I think) and he's back as an instructor at prototype now... Cool. We talked for a little bit, but then I had a lecture and had to go. He's on crew A on my boat (I'm on crew C), but we'll still see each other around. So that's my random topic for today.


Random Quote: "A man must not deny his manifest abilities, for that is to evade his obligations" -- William Feather, The Treasure of Franchard

Listening to: "Trying to Find Atlantis", Jamie O'Neal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's weird how you run into people that you used to know. David Graham showed up here at school earlier last semester when he was helping his sister move - I did a total double take from across the campus center ... It's fun to reconnect, though. Sounds like school is pretty hardcore - hope it continues to go well for you.