Monday, February 13, 2006

My books from Amazon

I had ordered a few books from Amazon a couple weeks ago, and last Monday they were supposedly delivered to my apartment here. The only problem was, when I got home at 7:45PM, they weren't there. I called the apartment complex office, and they hadn't recieved them, there was no note on my door from the USPS, and no books, but the USPS website said they had been delivered at 2:23PM. So after a week of trying to get a hold of the Post Office people, I finally talked to someone at the local post office this afternoon, and they basically told me that they had delievered it, they left it outside my door, that someone had probably walked off with it, and that they weren't going to do anything about it. But then I called Amazon, told them what had happened, and before I even had a chance to ask if they could do anything about it, they offered to send me a replacement for all three books, and to send it by two-day mail so I could have it soon. Wow! I was surprised. But anyway, that kind of made my night. Thanks, God for the little things that sometimes work out better than I expect them to.

No comments: