Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weekend home

Went home for the weekend with Curt, one of my room mates. It was kind of short, but I had a good time. We helped Dad with the new clutch for Mandy's car. Then back down here this morning since Curt has finals this week and had to study. I hung around home, read the book I'm in the middle of... "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Jared Diamond. It's an interesting book. I read his book "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Societies" a couple of years ago, and found this one at the library last week. It's interesting to read about not just what happened to different societies over the history of the world, but the underlying causes and reasons that history turned out as it did. A nice change from reading technical manuals, ship's information books, reactor plant manuals, systems diagrams, electrical circuits, and naval reactors technical bulletins. :)

It's bedtime. I have to ride my bike in tomorrow morning since I need to leave early to get some errands done. It's going to be cold... Not really looking forward to it, but my room mates who I usually ride with don't leave until 7, and everything I need to do will be closed then.

No comments: