Friday, July 25, 2008

I lost count... no, wait... 36 more days!

So I might not get a chance to post a 'real' something today, but I wanted to update the countdown and keep the trend going, at any rate.

As soon as my classes are done today I'm heading down to Waxhaw to see my beloved fiancee, and spend the weekend with her and my family. We're going to get our marriage license this afternoon, which is cool, and then we've got a date planned tonight, which I'm also looking forward to. With all this wedding planning going on, it seems that recently we've been spending a lot of time 'doing stuff' instead of spending time focusing on developing our relationship. So this is good.

That's something I really, really don't want to lose. I think it's not so easy to keep up the 'dating' mentality once a couple gets married. All the little special things they used to do for each other when they were dating fall to the side. The difference can be pretty huge between 'girlfriend' and 'fiancee' and 'wife'. And yet God calls us me to love our wives as we love ourselves, and to me, that means stepping it up a notch, not letting back down.

Anyway, there's lots more I want to write, but don't have time right now. So in the meantime, here's a couple of posts from some good marriage blogs I'm reading.

Lord, grant me your love today, and let me show that love to Naomi as I spend time with her this weekend. Give me words that build up, that bring her closer to You, that encourage her. Let me be an example, and a leader in our relationship. Lord, I can't do this alone. I invite you once again into my life today, and I give you complete control of my thoughts, my words, and my actions. Let me be an example, an encouragement, and a witness. Let me be a mirror that reflects your Light into the world.

No comments: