Thursday, July 24, 2008

The results are in... 37 days left!

37 days, but today has been a good one, and if the rest of the them are like this, the time will fly by...

I did spend two hours this morning praying, worshiping, and reading the Word, and it was... more than I expected. I was a little apprehensive that it would somehow be a disappointment. Totally the wrong thing to expect about time spent with the Lord, but for some reason I was worried that He wouldn't meet me there. How wrong I was!

It wasn't one of the incredibly life-changing moments with God that I've had in the past, but God definitely showed up, and in a big way. I was praying that He would use the time to convict me of areas of sin in my life and to renew my passion for Him. And He did.


Once more, God pointed out to me that I need to make more of an effort in witnessing to those around me, and spreading His love to the people in my life. He showed me areas of my life in which I've been selfish with my time or energy or love for others.

He showed me how very little time I give to Him each day spent in worship and communion with the Spirit. And He gave me little reminders throughout the day to spend a few moments talking with Him and seeking His will for my life.

He reminded me of the incredible sacrifice He gave through sending Christ to die for my sins, and the power over sin that Jesus' death on the cross gives. He truly gave me a heart of worship this morning, and it made a huge difference in the rest of my day.

He once again showed me the importance of starting my day off with uninterrupted time spent studying the Word, praying, and worshiping. My quiet time in the mornings has been getting shorter and more rushed, and much more shallow. He gave me a vision for what incredible things He will do when I devote more time to Him and less to things of this world. He showed me a glimpse of His incredible beauty and awesome sacrifice.

It was a morning spent in renewal, and was without a doubt time well spent. My next step is to turn this into a habit. I may not have two hours each and every morning like I had today, but there is definitely lots more available time in my mornings than I have been giving to Him in the past. My prayer is that He would let this be only the beginning of a new turn in the road of my walk with Him. The power and majesty of God that I saw this morning is something I don't want to give up.

Lord, give me a heart that yearns for you with everything I have within me. Take this seed you planted in my life and grow it into a life fully devoted to furthering your kingdom. Give me a mind that is fully stayed on you, the Author and Perfecter of my faith. Give me a heart that worships you in every season of my life. Give me the will to put you first in my actions, my thoughts, and my priorities. You alone are worthy of all praise and all worship. You are God alone. Take my life and do what you will with it. I ask these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: