Saturday, July 26, 2008

Still 36 days... or 35 and a half, I guess...

I'm down in Waxhaw now, and it's been a great evening. While it isn't fun to spend this much time apart from Naomi, it does make us both appreciate even more the time we do get to spend together. God is good, and it's comforting to know that He truly is a sovereign God, and that nothing takes Him by surprise. There's a lot of things right now that I would really like to know the answers to, and it's easy to worry about them, but that's not the right response. God uses times of uncertainty to turn our gaze upward to Him, to replace our self-reliance with God-reliance, and to seek peace in His unchanging sovereignty.
God has been amazing me with His... awesomeness, I guess... a lot recently. Lots of cool stuff happening in Naomi's and my lives of late, and God is challenging us both in lots of different areas, getting us ready for a new level of commitment... It's been tough, but incredible. God isn't always 'safe', but He is always Good. And while it isn't easy to keep my gaze focused on Him all the time, He gives more grace, and He doesn't let go.

Truly amazing...



No comments: