Thursday, August 14, 2008

16 days... yea for the weekend!

The weekend starts early this week! I'm down in Waxhaw already... got here around 2:00. This afternoon was kind of dis-jointed with a couple of projects I needed to get done around Mom & Dad's house, and then Naomi had Bible study this evening... So it wasn't too easy, and the evening could have ended better.


The closer we get to the wedding the more prayer I feel like I need. I think maybe that's normal. So if you get a few minutes sometime during the day, here's what I'm praying for, if you want to join me. I'd appreciate it.
  • That God would continue to give us the grace to keep Him the center of our relationship, that He would be our All.
  • That He would continue to guard our hearts and minds in our physical relationship with each other in this season before marriage. (He's been just incredible in this area! This is one of the many areas that we can really see His hand at work in both of us. He's blessed us with with hearts that seek His will in this part of our relationship over our own human desires. Truly a God thing!)
  • That I would be deliberate in cultivating our relationship; that I would learn to hear not only to what Naomi says, but what she is feeling and thinking as well. That I would put her desires above my own, and learn how to be a servant to her in everything. That my relationship to her would be modeled after Christ's relationship with the church.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. Some of you have told us that you're praying for us, and that means so much! Thanks!

No comments: