Sunday, August 10, 2008

Questions to ask myself daily

My beautiful fiancée sent me this list of questions. She has them in her Bible where she sees them each and every day. What a wonderful reminder to daily be seeking God. It is easy to go through a whole day and not put any work into my relationship with the Lord. Like any other relationship, our relationship with Christ is a work-in-progress. It takes effort, sacrifice, and a desire to grow closer to Him. While there is no 'magic formula' for a God-centered life, little reminders like this one go a long way towards focusing our attention and efforts at relationship-building.
  • What experiences of prayer and meditation have I had this week (or today)?
  • What temptations did I face?
  • What movements of the Holy Spirit have I experienced?
  • What opportunities to serve others have I had?
  • In what ways have I encountered Christ in my study of the Bible?

No comments: